Dear Slate Ridge residents
Note: I just got done passing our newsletters. Kudos to all our residents the homes and yards look terrific, with the exception of a couple of homes and a couple of non-cedar wood mail boxes our subdivision looks great. Thank you.
First, let me address the number of complaints I have received from residents regarding sheds built, placed or installed in Slate Ridge. Sheds are NOT permitted in Slate Ridge as stated in our Deed Restrictions. The deed restrictions for Slate Ridge, Drugan Ct, and Crosswick Ct can be found online at slateridge.net. So residents who have built, installed or placed sheds are clearly in violations of our deeds.
Second, I heard the city of Reynoldsburg issued the permit(s). I called and spoke with Planning Administrator Eric Snowden at Reynoldsburg Department of Development. Per my conversation with Eric, the city issued the permit(s) as required for any project. Now, Eric assured me that every homeowner was informed to check with the neighborhood Deed Restrictions prior to the start of the project.
The Slate Ridge residents and the Slate Ridge Homeowner Association are the parties responsible for enforcing our Deed Restrictions not the city. Moreover, the city issuance of the building permit does NOT circumvent our Deed Restrictions; meaning the sheds are still in violation of the Deeds. Thus, the Slate Ridge homeowner association will act accordingly.
Here is a great reason why it is incredibly important to maintain your membership current, to support and participate in the homeowner’s association meetings. I am positive that if more homeowners are aware of what affects all of us as residents and neighbors, incidents like this could be clearly avoided.
Now the fun stuff, please mark your calendars:
· Garage Sale Saturday June 11th, 2016 from 8:00AM to 2:00PM. Since the City of Reynoldsburg is hosting the ninth annual Community Clean Up Week from June 6th to June 14th. We do not need a permit to hold a garage sale. We will advertise it until 2:00PM to try to get some of our Saturday back, but if you want to run longer you can.
· Our Annual Summer BBQ Saturday August 27th, 2016 for at Crosswick Ct from 5:00PM to 9:00PM. As always this is FREE to all paid members, we will provide food and drinks. So please pay your annual $35 membership bring your family and a side dish, and meet and share with your neighbors
· Luminary and Carriage Rides December 17th, 2015. More details later. Last year the turnout was fantastic.
All new residents as of March have received a welcome basket. Thank you Audrey Owens and company for making that happen.
Last year we also contracted a new lawn care company to clean up the entrances and they are still looking very nice. We will probably have them come out and to touch them up again this year.
Speeding in Slate Ridge remains a big problem. All I can say is to contact the Reynoldsburg Motor Patrol to complain. We are not the only subdivision in Reynoldsburg with speeders, so the more we contact the city, the more visibility and attention we get. If in fact a round-about is what is being built on the Palmer Rd. and Taylor Rd intersection, traffic through our subdivision will probably increase as well.
Last but not least please get current with your 2016 HOA Dues. If you need to know whether or not you are paid for 2016, drop me an email @
and I will reply to you as soon as possible. You can also securely pay online via PayPal and major credit cards on our website or pay by check to SLATE RIDGE ASSOCIATION at 7866 Grandley Court Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068
Association Board 2016:
· President: José Gomez
· Treasurer: Leon Meyers
· Acting Secretaries: Norm Brusk
· Past Presidents: Phil Kaufman, Norm Brusk, Brent Carey
· Board Members: Marilyn Krigbaum, Arley Owens,
· Volunteers: Audrey Owens
Very Truly Yours,
José M. Gomez
President, Slate Ridge Civic Association